Deep link not calling the microflow

Deep link url at run time has been configured as follows. The microflow ACT_GetMovie will return the movie object retrieved from database.  The mentioned microflow is not getting called.  Not sure why the microflow is not getting triggered. Also the project → server → startup has been configured with DeepLink.StartDeeplink.   Default home page has been configured with microflow :   DeepLink.DeepLinkHome
asked
5 answers

Hi Mohamed,

Try to set log level of ‘DeepLink’ to Trace.

answered

Hi Peeradech, Thank you for replying.

I have set the log level to TRACE and this is the error message I am getting :  No session found for deeplink: /link/movie/Run, attempting to serve link as guest.

Requirement is that this Url : http://localhost:8084/link/movie/Run  needs to be executed externally.   

I have turned off the security and still getting the same error.

What is the issue here? 

Thanks!

answered

Hi Mohamed,

Could you run your application with eclipse, and debug StartDeepLinkJava.java?

answered

Hello, 

As the error says, the target MF requires some session because it is secured.

You need to configure the login screen for deep link, it works like below

• User clicks the URL
  • Deep link check if there is a session and then serves the content of the URL
  • If no session, then you must configure the login, so the user will be presented with login screen
  • Later after user logs in, the same URL can be served and MF can be executed

If you want guest roles, may be anonymous logins must be allowed in the project and those user roles must be able to execute the MF. The following information can be found in the https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/modules/deep-link

All other roles—including your guest roles—should have the DeepLink.User user role. Otherwise they will not be able to use any link.

Please read the documentation from the above link and also the detailed documentation can be found in the app store as well. 

answered

Maybe not for you anymore but in case more people are looking for this error after upgrading to Mendix 9. On localhost , it all works fine. However, on the cloud environments, you might get this or something that is preventing deeplink from working.

The solution is setting com.mendix.core.SameSiteCookies to None in your custom runtime settings

answered