Unable to track pageviews from a hybrid app with Google Analytics deployed in Mx8

I am using Mx8.18.12 with Google Analytics 3.3.5 and cannot track pageviews from the hybrid app. I can track page views from a PC. We previously used a combination of Mx 7.23.25 and Google Analytics 3.3.4 and were able to track them successfully from the hybrid app and from a PC. I upgraded Mendix from 7.23.25 to Mx8.18.12 and along with that I upgraded Google Analytics to 3.3.5 which is compatible with Mendix 8. Configuration values have not been changed. Also, the masterPageTracker DataSource > Attribute, which is deployed in the hybrid app, is set to a record and Attribute that has the correct TrackingCode and URLPrefix. When upgrading to Mx8, we have not re-created the application to be installed on mobile (both iPhone/Android). I am hoping to track page views on both the hybrid app and PC in Mx8 as I did in Mx7. Is there anything I need to change or be aware of regarding the Google Analytics (or Mendix) upgrade? (e.g., setting values, layout, reworking the app, etc.)   thank you so much for responding in advance.
asked
1 answers

https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/88898
I solved the problem by taking the following actions based on this ticket.

GoogleAnalytics.mpk\widget\MasterPageTracker.js > Add the following code to _insertGoogleAnalytics
 ga("set", "checkProtocolTask", null);

answered