Native - Non-persistent objects getting garbage collected?

Hi,   This is about a Native app in Mx 9.6.9. I'm working with a non-persistent helper object to store the users search settings. The helper object is associated with a customer object. And I now also associated it with the Session object.   Still, I see the helper object disappear. Almost sounds like a nice feature, as in this version you still cannot delete objects on the device (is there in later versions). But in this case it is not what I want.   Especially, when linked to Session, I would have expected it not to be garbage collected.   I'm now fixing it by making the object persistent. Of course, this means I have to fix other things, like that I need the object to be deleted at some point. Using non-persistent objects is much preferable …   Anybody an idea on this? Is this maybe fixed in later versions?
asked
3 answers

Toon, 

I would expect it to disappear when the Microflow that was used to create it, terminates. If it is going to break a lot, I would create a persistent storage an read from it when the non-persistent object is created and write to it in the last step of the Microflow.

Go Make IT

answered

Hi Toor,

You can place the helper object in any layout as datasource, this way it wont be garbage collected.

Please accept the Answere, it helps:)

answered

We're experiencing the same issue it seems, even though the non-persistent object is used as page parameter in several pages in the stack (originates from a dataview with DS_ flow as first page in de navigation stack.  At some point in time the context object is lost and the app freezes. Really frustrating..

answered