Push Notifications not being sent using Push Notifications connector

I am trying to implement Push Notifications, I am starting off with trying to implement them for Android. I am following the Mendix Push Notification guide in the Mendix Docs and Api https://docs.mendix.com/refguide9/mobile/using-mobile-capabilities/push-notifications/ and have configured our Google Firebase Cloud Messaging Server correctly.  I can see that the device I’m using for testing is being registered successfully, but when I try to create a message to send to the device, the message is never sent.  I did some debugging and see that an error is produced when I am inside the microflow, SendFCMMessages, when the GetFCMAccessToken java action is executed, I have attached a screenshot of this java action.  In the logs of my application, an error message is generated, the stacktrace is below.  Does anyone know what this error could be attributed to?   I also did submit a support ticket to Mendix and they stated that they were able to get the Push notifications to work, so our issue is more than likely due to a configuration issue but I do not believe that to be the case. I am also looking into alternative push notifications modules in Mendix, one where we can send push notifications to our web app and native app at the same time, I saw this one Pusher Pusher | Mendix Documentation , but I believe this module can only be used for non-native applications, so I do not think it will work for our native app.  Is anyone aware of any Mendix modules that allow you to send push notifications to your web app and native app at the same time?  If so, could you please share that information.  Thank you.         Timestamp 2023-05-01 08:56:48.159 Level Critical Node ActionManager Message Error in execution of monitored action '{"name":"PushNotifications.SendMessages","type":"Microflow"}' (execution id: 4714fa9d-4181-494e-9d54-ee018bc4ae4a, execution type: CUSTOM) Stack trace java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'java.util.concurrent.Executor com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors.directExecutor()' at com.google.auth.oauth2.OAuth2Credentials.refreshIfExpired(OAuth2Credentials.java:191) at pushnotifications.actions.GetFCMAccessToken.executeAction(GetFCMAccessToken.java:38) at pushnotifications.actions.GetFCMAccessToken.executeAction(GetFCMAccessToken.java:19) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:58) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.java:57) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeSync$2(ActionManager.scala:106) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner$.withContextClassLoader(Runner.scala:20) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:105) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.UserActionCallBuilderImpl.execute(UserActionCallBuilderImpl.scala:57) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:35) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:11) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:38) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowObject.scala:32) at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.scala:29) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.$anonfun$executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary$2(MicroflowImpl.scala:167) at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.scala:167) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.scala:114) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:58) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.java:57) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeSync$2(ActionManager.scala:106) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner$.withContextClassLoader(Runner.scala:20) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:105) at com.mendix.basis.component.ExecutionCore.doExecuteSync(ExecutionCore.scala:148) at com.mendix.basis.component.ExecutionCore.doExecuteSync$(ExecutionCore.scala:147) at com.mendix.basis.component.InternalCore.doExecuteSync(InternalCore.scala:24) at com.mendix.basis.component.ExecutionCore.executeSync(ExecutionCore.scala:97) at com.mendix.basis.component.ExecutionCore.executeSync$(ExecutionCore.scala:94) at com.mendix.basis.component.InternalCore.executeSync(InternalCore.scala:24) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowExecuter$.executeSync(MicroflowExecuter.scala:19) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.SubMicroflowAction.execute(SubMicroflowAction.scala:37) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowObject.scala:32) at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.scala:29) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.$anonfun$executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary$2(MicroflowImpl.scala:167) at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.scala:167) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.scala:114) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:58) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.java:57) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.$anonfun$runMonitoredAction$1(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:59) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.$anonfun$monitor$1(ActionMonitoring.scala:52) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner$.withContextClassLoader(Runner.scala:20) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.monitor(ActionMonitoring.scala:52) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.runMonitoredAction(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:59) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:46) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.java:57) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeSync$2(ActionManager.scala:106) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner$.withContextClassLoader(Runner.scala:20) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:105) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.MicroflowCallBuilderImpl.execute(MicroflowCallBuilderImpl.scala:62) at com.mendix.modules.queue.MicroflowTask.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowTask.scala:34) at scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.scala:18) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:210) at com.mendix.modules.queue.MicroflowTask.execute(MicroflowTask.scala:31) at com.mendix.modules.queue.TaskDispatcher.executeTask(TaskDispatcher.scala:229) at com.mendix.modules.queue.TaskDispatcher.$anonfun$dispatchTask$2(TaskDispatcher.scala:209) at scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.scala:18) at com.mendix.modules.queue.MendixTaskQueueMetrics$QueueBasedMetricsImpl.$anonfun$timeTaskExecution$1(TaskQueueMetrics.scala:44) at io.micrometer.core.instrument.composite.CompositeTimer.record(CompositeTimer.java:69) at com.mendix.metrics.micrometer.MicrometerTimer.record(MicrometerTimer.scala:29) at com.mendix.modules.queue.MendixTaskQueueMetrics$QueueBasedMetricsImpl.timeTaskExecution(TaskQueueMetrics.scala:44) at com.mendix.modules.queue.TaskDispatcher.$anonfun$dispatchTask$1(TaskDispatcher.scala:209) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)  
asked
1 answers

Hello Monike,

Try to clean your ‘userlib’ folder, and (re)download all your project modules again. Sometimes this strategy causes more issues than solutions, but you can revert to the previous state using git in this case.

It seems that the issue is related to the  library below

com.google.auth.oauth2.GoogleCredentials

I have native mobile push app working and I’m using the release shown in the picture. Compare with yours and update if needed:

answered