View Native Mobile App not connecting.

Hi, I am completely new to Mendix and app development (so excuse my lack of technical words). I am following the Medix Quick Start tutorial to create an app that I can test on the MakeItNative 10 mobile app.  I have followed all the steps to create the back end, but I now need to view it on the mobile.  Initially the 'View App' dropdown was greyed out so I published it (the tutorial didn't say to do this), this allowed me to click the dropdown. I then selected Veiw on your Device > View Native Mobile App Tab. I have downloaded the test app on my mobile, which is on the same Wifi as my laptop (and private). It says '2. Connect to app The application must be running before connection specific info can be displayed.' I can't seem to do anything that will make the QR code appear. Any help would be appreciated! My version is 10.14.0 but it won't let me select than below!
asked
3 answers

Hi Tyla Robinson,

In your laptop install the bluestacks desktop application & after installation is done open the bluestacks & inside bluestacks install make it native 9 or 10 then you are able to see the mendix mobile version in your laptop but in mobile view.

below is the download link

https://www.bluestacks.com/

Sometimes mendix works fine in our mobile and sometimes not i don't know why but in bluestacks it always works fine.

answered

@Tyla Robinson

It sounds like you're almost there! Here's how you can proceed:

1. Download the Make It Native 10 app on your phone. You can find instructions for this here: Make It Native 10 app guide.

2. After downloading, you can scan the QR code from the Mendix Studio Pro to view your app on your phone. But since you're facing issues with the QR code:

• Ensure your app is running in Mendix Studio Pro by clicking the green "Run" button in the top bar. This will publish your app and should display the QR code on your laptop.
  3. If you've installed Bluestacks (Android Emulator), you can also try launching the Make It Native app on Bluestacks:

• Open Bluestacks, find the Make It Native app icon, and open it.
    • Scan the QR code, and it should display your app on the emulator.

If you're still having trouble, feel free to reach out at mjazibabdullah@gmail.com! I'll be happy to assist further.

blue stack.pngapp center.png

answered

Are you working in a macOS environment?

If yes, the following may help:

1. Ensure your workstation(laptop) and smartphone are the same network (E.g same Wifi network if working from home office)

2. Open terminal and run `ifconfig` command. This will output a list of network addresses. Look for your local IP address.  In my case, the IP address is listed under en1 as illustrated below 

image.png

3. In the Make It Native landing screen, enter the following address to connect to your local Studio Pro server `http://192.168.4.56:8080`, assuming your app is running on the default port 8080)

answered