Performance issues

Hi community,  a simple microflow activity with just 3 actions in it is taking about 5 sec for an application running on cloud dev.. but the same in local is not even taking a sec.  not understanding the difference an environment is making for this here..  i just saw client/ network call it makes.. in local it takes about 10ms and the same takes about 700-800ms on cloud dev.  is this related to the performance problem ? how can i debug why the same actions are taking different time in cloud dev ?
asked
4 answers

Hi,

Local works a lot different as cloud.

A local database isn’t a real database, but an in memory database, based on a data file, wich makes that there is almost no access time and the processing time is a lot less then a real database.

A Cloud database is a real database wich requires more access time and processing time.

When doing for example heavy retrieves, it will go fast when all data is in a pc’s RAM but it will go slow when retrieving it from a database.

answered

What Davis says is not exactly true. When you restored the database to your local postgres database you should see comparible values. Depends a bit on the power of your local machine vs the power of the Mendix server.

If the databases are different you are comparing pears with apples. You might have 100 records in your local database while having a milliion in production. So double check your postgres database.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

thanks Ronald and David for your quick help.. 

I don't think this got anything to do with db.. Because microflows which doesn't involve any Retrievals also are showing considerable difference. Not just MF actions but even Nanoflows are delayed. 

And ya database in local is heavier than that in cloud dev...

answered

Rachana, how is your internet connection? Could be that a slow connection is making the app feel slow. We've had that a lot with QA from India for example.

answered