Data analysis

Hello, Our database space is running out so we're thinking maybe we should clean up any data that's not in use in the app. Is there any way to view some analytics on how much space what data (by entity) is taking up the database? The only thing I was able to find was datadog but it’s for Mendix cloud version v4, and we are running on Mendix cloud version v3.   Thank you.
asked
5 answers

Download a backup of the database and restore it locally in Postgres. Postgres has some analyses tools to see how much data each entity has.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Just do it live on the system.

Using  com.mendix.core.Core.dataStorage() you can run SELECT pg_size_pretty( pg_database_size($YOURDBNAME) ) . This will provide you with an overview. Running  SELECT nspname || '.' || relname AS "relation", pg_size_pretty(pg_total_relation_size(C.oid)) AS "total_size" FROM pg_class C LEFT JOIN pg_namespace N ON (N.oid = C.relnamespace) WHERE nspname NOT IN ('pg_catalog', 'information_schema') AND C.relkind <> 'i' AND nspname !~ '^pg_toast' ORDER BY pg_total_relation_size(C.oid) DESC will provide you with an overview per relation.

For the cloudboxes, you can get the database name as follows:

com.mendix.core.Core.dataStorage().executeWithConnection(
	function(a){
		try{
		    dbname=a.getCatalog();
		}catch(e){
		    alert(e);
		}
	}
);

Sample output:

Overview:

Details:

answered

The relational feature in a database helps us to manage, analyze, and extract specific information from rows of related data. Your requirements will be met by a relational database such as Postgres, MySQL, Amazon Redshift, or Big Query. You can sign in to your Analytics account from the website or Data Analytics Course. Click Sign in (at top right), and select Analytics. If you are already signed in to Google (e.g. you are signed in to your Gmail account), you'll be taken directly to the Analytics user interface.

answered

If your app is using Scheduled events, or sending out emails, it happens a lot that it is not considdered that that data is stored in the database.

I’ve seen apps with over 1.000.000 records in the scheduled event database table (System.ScheduledEventInformation) without anyone knowing it.

answered

Como podria hacer un analisis de datos que guardo en alguna entidad, con todos su atributos

answered