Applying change failed for security reasons. No change hash was found for read only member.

Hi, We have a Mendix 7.23.19 application hosted on AWS. From the logs we see the following error occur: ERROR - Connector: An error has occurred while handling the request. [User '{UserName}' with session id '6417101d-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXa58d' and roles '{SystemRole(s)}'] ERROR - Connector: com.mendix.webui.WebUIException: Applying change for '{Attribute}' of object with id '1970324837736871' ({Module.Entity}) failed for security reasons. No change hash found for read only member. This error occurs periodically with different users and different user roles. If someone can point me to the cause of it, it will be much appreciated! Looking through the forum, I did find the following however I’m not exactly sure whether this could be the same issue: https://community.mendix.com/link/questions/89585
asked
1 answers

Hi Nico, 

from this error log we can see, that the user, with the {SystemRole(s)} performs a change on the attribute '{Attribute} of Entity {Module.Entity}. If the change is not performed in System Context, module roles (and therefore implicitly the respective user roles) need write access to the attribute. Otherwise Mendix will not allow the change and throw this error. 

You can check the access rights in your Domain Model for the respective Entity and attribute. 

answered