Create a registration page for new users

Hi,  i dont get how to create a page where new users with the anonymous role can register themselves. I created a registration page which can  be accessed by anonymous users. But how do i create a “confirm password” field on this page? How is that validated? Did not findy any helpful information in any course.   Thanks for the help in advance.   Best regards  Nikita
asked
5 answers

Hello, 

Basically you just have to re create the account_new page (in the administration module). There you will see that the entity AccountPasswordData is used. Then the save microflow set the password to the account entity. 

answered

This is the page I was talking you about.

answered

Hi,

So in your Form create a new Button “Change Password” and call the follow Microflow below.

If you are using the Mendix Studio Pro try to find in the App Explorer the “ShowPasswordForm” Microflow:

and call it in your button.

this microflow will do the follow steps:

I hope it can help you.

BR

answered

To create a registration page, first, you need to create an entity containing all the attributes you want to gather from the user. Then, you can generalize the registration entity within the account entity system module. Next, create the NewEdit page for the registration form and provide a link to the signup page.

Afterward, you need to create two microflows. The first one checks the validation of the registration NewEdit page. The second one is to create an account. First, retrieve the user's role, then create the account, show a success message, and close the page. Once your information is saved in the account entity of the system module, you can use the signup page to login.

For more information, you can refer to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-DEiZVZTA.

answered

My advice would be to follow the Learning Path containing a section on allowing anonymous users to register. See a screenshot of part of the excersise.

image.png

That way you will be able to create the logic step by step and you will understand how your customizations work together with the out of the box functionality.

answered