Best Practices: Domain Model organization for Account Creation

Hi,   I still cannot figure out the best practices for creating the appropriate domain model entites for a simple user-account generation process. Suppose I have 2 different User-Roles (User, SuperUser). How should I structure the domain model? 2 different entities generalized from Administration.Acccount? 2 different entities associated both to Administration.Account? 1 entity generalized Administration.Acccount + “normal” entities handling the data?   What is the best strategy?
asked
5 answers

Authorization is based on user-role. That means you don’t need a specialization per user-role but can simply create an account per user and grant it either ‘User’ or ‘SuperUser’ roles.

Often you will see a project where there is also an ‘Employee’ entity that has a one-to-one reference to the account entity. Data can be referenced to this Employee object.

answered

Thanks Lennart!

answered

Hi Acar, despite Lennart’s answer being totally correct, here is another piece of good of advice:

Remove module Adminstration, as it is based on a faulty domain model. You should have an entity like Empoyee  and associate is to System.User. Unfortunately Mendix only allows a many-to-one Employee-to-.User association, so many-to-one it will be.

answered

Hi Tim.

Now things are getting interesting. So instead of Administration.Account, I should use System.User?

My current domain model looks like this:

What will be the difference after changing to System.User?

Is the faulty domain model fixed in mendix 10?

answered

But what about the Administration.Account_Overview Page. Should I also avoid using it and making one by my own?

And what about SSO Login. Does it work without the  the Admin Pack?

answered