Lack of SIEM support very troubling

Out of the box, Mendix stores application logs in the console and requires manually viewing in the web browser. This may be ok for occasional troubleshooting, but it is absolutely miserable for trying to find anything meaningful from a security standpoint. I do see my apps are constantly being attacked, but manually looking at logs (or downloading them one by one and importing) is painful, inefficient and a waste of time.   After spending quite some time trying to figure out how I can get my app to send logs to an external source, I discovered that it appears only Splunk (yea, the most expensive SIEM out there) is supported. The Datadog integration is utterly useless - it only sends resource metric data to Datadog, which, I can already get from the Mendix console and we already get alerts from Mendix on resource usage.   As a security professional for my company, I absolutely need the ability to monitor my security logs in real time in some sort of SIEM.  Mendix could provide that functionality, but they do not, which to me is an absolute failure.   I've searched the Marketplace, nothing.  I could send logs to Datadog if I could leverage their API, but sadly Mendix offers no way to do this.   Has anyone else encountered this and are there any solutions other than Splunk?  
asked
2 answers

Did you see log transporter from Cape group? It is not free but with this you can send your logs to anywhere you like.

And if you do not want to spend any money you could use Logging module to get your logs inside your application. But you then have to build the transport yourself to your target application.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Thank you Ronald, I was not aware of Log Transporter but I will check it out.  

Mendix support also told me that for applications Deployed on Mendix Cloud, they have the Deploy API. The Deploy API allows you to manage application environments in the Mendix Cloud, including downloading application logs for a specific date. We could use this API as part of a custom solution to download the desired application logs and send them to our respective file system. 

I wish there was a more integrated way to do this via Mendix console, but looks like the above are my only two options.  Thanks for the help.

answered