user_role_access

Hi Forum, i am implementing a simple file manger feature and i am trying to navigate to the page from navigation bar , as shown in the above screenshot i am unable to assign the users roles for the file upload page. please let me know what to do to resolve these things .
asked
5 answers

Hi Rahul,

The user roles shown in the Menu items are coming from the document itself, which means if you configure "User" as allowed role on a page (e.g. File_Upload), it will show up in this Menu document as allowed role for that Menu item.

Make sure to also allow the user to "create objects" that are used in the File_Upload else it won't work

With kind regards,

Stephan

answered

Hi stephan,

Below is the screenshot that u have suggested i already done this .

image.png

answered

Hi Rahul,

I've tried it in a Mendix 10 project and it works as expected, once the use has create access to the object the menu item will show the User roles.

You should check if the security (project -> module -> entity & page) is set correctly.

image.png

answered

Hi stephan,

I have implemented everything exactly the same as shown in your screenshots. can u please tell , how to map the module role with  the  project user role. 

image.png

answered

Hi Rahul,

If you have given access to create objects to user role after creating the navigation menu, then you have to delete and create navigation again in order to reflect.

Hope it helps!

answered