Page outside of application security

Hello I've got an application that requires users to log in before they can perform any tasks. I need to have users within my businss submit data on a form but they can't have access to the application and we don't want them to have to log in to submit this data. Is there a way I can have a page that sits outside of the secuirty of the application? I thought I could explore using anonymous users but I'm unsure how to send users to the page as there is no url etc?
asked
2 answers

Using anonymous users could help you, however you still need an url to redirect the users to the specific page. You could use a deeplink and let the url push the anonymous user to a specific page.

Or you could create a custom login page and set a button on this that can redirect the user to the specific page.

In both cases the anonymous user role needs acces to the entity that is used to submit the date in.

answered

Thanks for the response - I'm trying out the Deeplink module but am I able to still use the default mendix login or will I need to create a custom login?

After having an initial play around I cant see how I can use the default login as if I switch anonymous users on the user see's the login page and if I swtich it off I cant access the form through the deeplink.

If i try access the deeplink with anonymous users off (but the deeplink set to allow guest users) I get a HTTP 500 error...here is the error log from mendix

java.lang.Exception: Guest login is not enabled
    at deeplink.actions.StartDeeplinkJava$DeepLinkHandler.createGuestSession(StartDeeplinkJava.java:285)
    at deeplink.actions.StartDeeplinkJava$DeepLinkHandler.serveDeeplink(StartDeeplinkJava.java:179)
    at deeplink.actions.StartDeeplinkJava$DeepLinkHandler.processRequest(StartDeeplinkJava.java:153)
    at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.MxRuntimeConnector$1.execute(MxRuntimeConnector.java:69)
    at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.MxRuntimeConnector$1.execute(MxRuntimeConnector.java:66)
    at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:32)
    at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.MxRuntimeConnector.processRequest(MxRuntimeConnector.java:72)
    at com.mendix.core.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.processRequest(MxRuntimeImpl.java:741)
    at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.server.handler.RuntimeHandler.handle(RuntimeHandler.java:41)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:942)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1004)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:640)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:628)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

answered