How to get the Snowflake data into Mendix 10.6.7 version

Hello everyone.   We have tested the snowflake connection Mendix 10.6.7 and the connection is working fine. So, here are my questions:   1. Where the snowflake data is getting stored in Mendix and how we can check in mendix. 2. How to map the snowflake tables data into mendix (like how we can store the snowflake tables in mendix entities)   Could anyone please help me with this it would be really helpful.   Thanks in advance, Apurupa
asked
3 answers

Hi Apurupa,

is MNEMONIC a column name within the table, too? If yes, you need to make sure to use a result entity which contains an attribute that has the same name as the column. This is required for all columns which are returned by the SELECT * query. It is not recommended to use the entities from the connector but to create an own implementation module.

There also is a sentence about this in the USAGE Section of the official connector documentation: https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/component/115641

answered

Hi Apurupa! 

For question 1, could you provide more information about

- which (platform-supported?) connector you used (the Database Connector / External Database Connector / Snowflake connector by AppHook, ... )

- which data you are referring to (metadata or data tables?)

For question 2, I can be more precise as soon as I know more about the used connector and your requirements.

With kind regards,

Lina

answered

Hi Aparupa,

thanks for the clarification. I suppose that you are using the 'Execute query' action inside of a microflow? If yes, then you needed to specify a 'result' entity for the action. After you execute a statement that returns a table, you get a list of the specified response objects, which you can then process in the same way as any other object in a microflow and also commit them to the database. Does this help you? 

In case you have not seen it yet, there are now platform-supported alternatives on the marketplace:

- External database connector (External Database Connector | Mendix Documentation Studio Pro >10.11)

- Snowflake REST SQL connector (Snowflake REST SQL Connector | Mendix Documentation).

With kind regards,

Lina

answered