Add a dropdown to Studio Pro Properties to select which objects properties you want to view faster & easier - Mendix Forum

Add a dropdown to Studio Pro Properties to select which objects properties you want to view faster & easier

When you quickly want to set properties for an element on a page (or for the page), or in a workflow or nanoflow, it will be great if there can be a dropdown to select for which element you want to inspect the properties.

Sometimes when you add a new appstore module, you get a list of out errors that need fixing and not always you can easily select the right element, for example:

Above picture shows empty properties and due to a too large page (or too low resolution on my screen), it takes some effort to select the right element.

In an IDE like Delphi, you have in the Properties area a dropdown above the list of properties allowing you to quickly select the right element, e.g.:

Showing Properties:

Selecting another element/widget to inspect properties for:

And it’s also convenient that you can see a list of all the elements in use on a page

asked
2 answers

With the new 9.18 release that introduces the Page Explorer, I would say that this Idea has been implemented partially.
See: 
https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/page-explorer/

The New Page explorer:

Makes me find my way more easily like I was used in Delphi to see page structure:

Great work!

Created

Also for Document Templates this would be a great addition!

Created