Combine/Add multiple objects and lists in a singular Change list or Join microflow action. - Mendix Forum

Combine/Add multiple objects and lists in a singular Change list or Join microflow action.

Right now if you have an empty list and you want to add multiple entities to it, you always have to do this in separate steps.

I would like the ability to combine multiple objects into a single add to list statement.

As an example I have a list of a specific entity type
$List1 = [1,2,3] then I have a bunch of single entities of the same entity type or specializations thereof
$entity1= 4,
$entity2= 5,
$entity3= 6
and another list: $List2 = [7,8,9]

I then want to be able to say “Change list” = pick any of the relevant options, which I think are just “Add” or “Remove”
And then I would like to be able to just say: $List1,$entity1,$entity2,$entity3,$List2
Resulting in a new list containing [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]

It would be very helpful if there was a generic API for JAVA that would allow for configuring a variable amount of parameters. So that we could build JAVA actions that can do this behavior described above too.

asked
4 answers

Just an easy way to combine stuff in a list of the same entity type, and yes if you would add specialized items, then it would still be a list of the generalized type.

Created

Agree, then the list is the generalization, right? The idea is not clear if you want lists supporting different entities (completely new phenomena) or just an easy way of changing a list. To the latter, I do agree.

Created

In my mind it could be either one entity type or specializations thereof.

Created

You're talking about multiple objects of the same entity right? (please update your idea mixing entity and object)

Created