Update Mendix Studio Pro Error handling/Message when failing to import module in case of exceeding Windows path length - Mendix Forum

Update Mendix Studio Pro Error handling/Message when failing to import module in case of exceeding Windows path length

This is an odd one, yeah I know :)

When I was trying to update the NativeMobileResources module, moments ago, it kept doing exactly nothing. I downloaded the module from Github and tried to manually import it, but was confronted with an error that the specified file name or path (character count) was too long. From C:\ All the way to, and including the project folder itself, took up 83 characters. When changing the projectfolder to just 3 characters (from 83 back to 36) and retried importing the module, everything worked. I can 100% confirm it was the folder/path length, as I tried various alternatives.

Somehow Mendix  fails to import the module, but does not proceeds to show the error to the user. It would be helpful to at least show some feedback.

asked
1 answers

Yeah same thing in principle to the Microsoft limitation (256),  it was a lot of pain until the problem was recognised by the community. I gave Longpath toll program a go which helped a lot.

Created