Support creation of an entity-relationship document using module domain model Export as Image feature - Mendix Forum

Support creation of an entity-relationship document using module domain model Export as Image feature

We needed to bring our new data analysts up to speed on our data model so they can produce the necessary reporting and metrics dashboards, and they were not familiar with Mendix. From Studio Pro, I was able to use the File-->Export as Image feature for the desired domain models and create a document of screenshots for them to understand how the data was interrelated.

It would be very useful to be able to produce a document with these exported images out of the box by allowing the developer to select which modules’ domain models should be included. Upon completing the selection and clicking a CTA button, the document could be produced with the selected domain model images. A pop-up could be presented so the developer can enter a name and select a location to save the document.

I pasted the images into a OneNote page and then exported them to Microsoft Word, which provided the best clarity of images in my case. I tried exporting to PDF, but the images were a bit fuzzy.

asked
0 answers