Select all feature for Datagrid 2 - Mendix Forum

Select all feature for Datagrid 2

The current select all checkbox for Datagrid 2 will only select all items on a page. I would like to have the same option as for Datagrid 1: select page or select all. When this feature is available, we can remove our custom multi select logic including NPE's and nanoflows. This would reduce the complexity of our app :)

asked
9 answers

@Rob Franc,

this functionality is needed when you have for example 100 records, and your page size is 20.

With 'select all' it should be possible to select all 100 records and not only 20 records on the current page which is the current functionality at this moment.

Created

What am I missing....  I see Mendix have achieved this on the Mendix Control Centre::: 

https://videoshare.mendix.com/watch/wfGfKXBsTaMqngp3fogGPN?

Is this native functionality, or are they using some magic nanoflow to get this to work?

Created

Please update us to the progress of this.

Created

Echo the above. We really need this feature. Currently, filters are not useful for processes in microflows, as we cannot take the selection to the microflow across all pages. 

Created

This is still one missing feature on Data Grid 2 that is preventing us from updating our old Data Grids. We need the ability to select all  with the selection type of Select Page and Select All which will select all rows from every page.

Hoping this is in progress for a future update!

Created

Any updates on this?

Quite frustrating that the old data grid was already capable of having either a select page or a select all button.

Additionally the selection is not maintained when filtering or switching between pages.

This should be fixed asap!

Created

is it something code level changes needs to be done? if yes, please let me know. I will interest to work on implementing this. 

Mendix Core team, please let me know where the exact code was implemented, I will try to analyze and fix this.

Note: I have already gone through the Github of data widget and I couldn't get the exact place to fix this

Thanks

Created

We really need this.

Created

Hi Daryl, Could you please explain how we can achieve that functionality with NPE’S and nanoflows?.

Created