Synchronize database on localhost, why confirm? - Mendix Forum

Synchronize database on localhost, why confirm?

I think I never hit the cancel button here. So can we just continue (with a message in the console that database changes have applied?) 

On the cloudnode deployment is it also gone :)

asked
9 answers

I guess it can be removed...but Maybe one rare occasion it helped me prevent doing changes, but that is maybe just one time in 7 years…

You should know that Details...giving sometimes valuable information about what changes are being made. 

Created

Do it! :)

Created

Yes, yes, yes...

Created

multi apps make these even worse, having to open every mendix to see if anything is blocking the flow.

Created

I think the pop-up is actually very valuable in the analysis for what changes are about to be happening in your database, 99.9% of the time the databases changes about to occur are desired. But I tend to look at the “Details” section most of the time before synchronizing to make sure i’m not about to drop some data with the next deploy to any real environment.

Created

Yes, please. This is a great simple timesaver and productivity improvement.

I also like Mitchel's opt-out suggestion.

Created

As Edwin mentioned there are scenario's in which the popup might be useful, instead of just removing it for everyone I would like to see this in the form of an opt-out function that you can change in your Mx preferences.

Created

It happens sometimes that several local apps (cloned?) are connected to the same database.

No problem if the model is the same in all apps, but if any of the apps has the model changed, I do not want the database schema changed without being noticed first. (Most times  when this message appears it is time to use a seperate database for each app..)

Created

1,000,000% agree! This popup needs to go away :-)

Created