Visual module dependencies - Mendix Forum

Visual module dependencies

In a lot of projects, modules depend on resources from other modules to function properly. For example, one module might use a String util from the CommunityCommons module, another might use a microflow from a third module, etc.

Managing these dependencies is quite a hassle now, as it is not clear what modules depend on other modules. The only way to definitively come to know the dependencies is by removing a module and resolve any errors that might occur. That's why I think it would be very helpful to have a visual representation of which modules have dependencies of other modules, maybe even with a drill down function that makes it possible to see exactly what a specific module is using from other modules.

An example on how this could work is from the Obsidian application, that offers a so-called 'graph view' of all notes you have, where each note is connected to every other note when one of them has a link to the other:

image.png

A few ideas based on this example:

asked
2 answers

No, I did not now that as we don't use QSM (yet)...

> QSM does require a separate license fee

Dependency management is such an integral part of development, that I really would like it to be a feature that I don't need to pay extra for...

Created

You are aware that QSM already provides this? https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/partner-solutions/qsm/

QSM does require a separate license fee.

Created