Ability to Develop Application in any Language - Mendix Forum

Ability to Develop Application in any Language


Our organization operates across diverse regions, encompassing team members with varying levels of fluency in English. While language diversity is natural and embraced within our workforce, it can present challenges to effective collaboration. For instance, the Microflow screenshot provided by a team member fluent in Mandarin underscores the potential communication barriers that can arise when language proficiency differs among team members. This situation highlights the importance of ensuring that language barriers do not impede our ability to provide comprehensive support and understanding across the team. Merely mandating the use of English does not offer a sustainable solution and may inadvertently hinder inclusivity within our global team.




Currently, no software development platforms offer complete language agnosticism. However, I believe Mendix has the potential to pioneer this concept as the world's first low-code platform with language agnostic capabilities. With only 17% of the global population proficient in English, there exists a substantial opportunity for Mendix to bridge the language gap and extend software development opportunities to the remaining 83% of the population. By prioritizing language agnosticism, Mendix can significantly enhance inclusivity and accessibility within the software development community on a global scale.


Consider this scenario: within our team, some members are native Spanish or French speakers. In our Studio Pro interface, I see everything in English, while others see it in Spanish or French. Regardless of the language used to create Microflows—be it English, Spanish, or French—an AI system seamlessly translates them into the user's preferred language. However, there are some limitations, such as entity names or attributes needing to be in English. Despite these constraints, this approach can greatly enhance the efficiency of non-English speaking developers.


To address the language diversity within our organization and promote inclusivity, it's crucial to consider implementing the following:

  1. Multilingual Support for Studio Pro: Enhance Studio Pro to seamlessly accommodate multiple languages, ensuring that users can work comfortably in their preferred language.

  2. AI Translation Tools: Develop AI-driven tools capable of converting content between different languages. This would facilitate communication and collaboration among team members regardless of their language proficiency.

  3. Multilingual Documentation and Learning Resources: Provide comprehensive documentation and learning materials in multiple languages to support developers in their preferred language.

  4. Multilingual Support Forums and Teams: Establish forums and support teams proficient in various languages to assist users across the language spectrum, fostering a sense of community and accessibility.

While achieving language agnosticism in software development may present challenges, prioritizing these areas could significantly enhance the efficiency and inclusivity of our platform, ultimately empowering developers worldwide.

1 answers

QuokkaLabs' ability to develop applications in any language stems from its diverse team of skilled developers proficient in various programming languages. With expertise ranging from popular languages like JavaScript, Python, Java, and Swift to specialized ones like Rust and Go, QuokkaLabs ensures flexibility in choosing the most suitable technology stack for each project.

Furthermore, QuokkaLabs prioritizes continuous learning and adaptation to emerging technologies, enabling them to stay abreast of industry trends and advancements. This adaptability, combined with a robust development process and agile methodologies, empowers QuokkaLabs to tackle projects of any scale and complexity, delivering high-quality solutions tailored to clients' unique requirements.