Full Studio Pro support for macOS needs to be accelerated, or replaced with a fully web-based IDE - Mendix Forum

Full Studio Pro support for macOS needs to be accelerated, or replaced with a fully web-based IDE

I think Mendix needs to prioritize and accelerate its macOS version of Studio Pro. The limitations and bugs are severely hindering professional development.

Also, I'm sad to have to say this but I have only the best of intentions for Mendix: The current macOS version of Studio Pro is not even close to following the design- and UX language that macOS users expect. The beta feels exactly like what it is; a wrapped Windows hack with absolutely no understanding for the macOS/Apple ecosystem.

I therefore suggest you hire some real macOS UX designers that understand how important this is. Remember, there's a reason why we chose Apple's ecosystem, and turned our backs on Microsoft Windows, in the first place. In the end this comes down to trust, reliability, productivity, and quality (i.e don't waste our time and energy). I don't expect Microsoft afficionados to understand this, but believe me there is a huge difference in these aspects …and therefore there is no turning back.

On this topic, I will also add the most important reason for not using Parallels on macOS in order to run Studio Pro: Because we chose macOS and the Apple ecosystem for a reason. There is simply no way we will work inside a Microsoft Windows environment all day, virtualized or not.

Therefore it's also sad to notice Mendix has no longer any web-based version of Studio Pro. That would have solved all of the above, and more. Also, it would ensure all developers had access to the same functionality. I can't imagine how difficult, and unnecessary, it is for Mendix to develop and maintain multiple environment versions of Studio Pro. That alone ought to be enough to go for the web-based version only.

asked
0 answers