Show app directory in explorer via Keyboard shortcut - Mendix Forum

Show app directory in explorer via Keyboard shortcut

The amount of times I have to go to the file explorer to deal with things related to my Mendix apps is higher than one might want; having to go and click three times to get there is a mild annoyance :D It would be fantastic if this function could have a keyboard shortcut similar to how we can easily deploy the app or synchronize the app directory:

image.png

Having the ability to use a shortcut to copy the path to the app directory would also already be extremely helpful.

asked
3 answers

Hi Mitchel,

Then indeed this solution does not work for your usecase. I do think more people have this issue, specially when working on a support team f.e. so this would definitely make an impact for multiple users

And I more than agree, as the functionality to open the file directory is already there, it

"should" not be so hard to create a shortcut for it....right..?

Created

Hi Karsten, thank you for the suggestion, and that would work well when I wouldn't be working in many different projects at a time, often called in for Java work or help my app can't compile it is broken please fix it :) So often I do not have the luxury of a couple quick shortcuts from outside of Mendix. I am sure my situation isn't the standard but this idea has been lingering in my head for a long time :D

Created

Hi Mitchel, 

100% agree this would be a nice feature. There are 2 workarounds for this which kind of work for me:

Using windows + e -> opens up your file explorer, you could then have a quick link in your sidebar to the folder of the project that you're working in (still requires an extra click so not optimal)

• Create a shortcut somewhere in your files/desktop
  • Configure the path with the folder location of your desired project  (yes this requires you to configure this everytime when you are working on a new project, but it does work very well if your working on the same project for a longer period)
  • Open the properties of your created shortcut, and apply a shortcut key to it, in my example F8
  • You can now trigger this shortcut from anywhere, as long as you make sure the shortcut is not being used by another application.

image.png

I know this is a workaround, far from optimal and only works when your working on a project for a long time. But it definitely saved me a lot of clicks already so it might help you aswell ! 😉

Created