Add project defaults for Form Orientation, Label width and Read Only Style - Mendix Forum

Add project defaults for Form Orientation, Label width and Read Only Style

As the title says, please add project defaults for Form Orientation, Label width and Read Only style. To keep an application consistent I would like all dataviews to (by default) use the same values. However, if I want to use anything different from the Mendix default (Control, Horizontal and 3) I have to manually edit every single dataview in my application.

So I would really like to be able to set a default value on project (or perhaps Layout) level that will be used when I add a new Dataview. 

asked
2 answers

If you have nested Data Views with mixed Form orientations, you will get styling from both in the UI., and if you don't show the label it's even trickier but you will get odd margins. Even if it's only for default form orientation it would be a great addition.

Created

You can achieve this with a workaround in Mendix 7. Just  create a Page_Template for your pages, add a dataview to it and set the desired properties. But it is indeed quite tedious and it is not a "one size fits all"-solution. 

To have the possibility to set these properties application wide in project settings would be much nicer.  

Created