The server failed to start. See details for the server log. Evictions for component project-userlib

Hi all, Since I updated a project from 7.23.7 to 8.6.2 (Couldn’t select from the dropdown) I’m having issues with evictions which is causing the server to fail to start.  It happens when I’m developing and make some changes to the project which causes Studio Pro to restart the project. First it will give me an error on the SAML module not being able to start and the app would crash. This is resolved by cleaning the deployment directory.  Second after I’ve cleaned the deployment directory and start the app it gives me the error “The server failed to start. See details for the server log.” The partial details: [rtlauncher:container$] INFO Evictions for component 'project-userlib': Evicted poi-ooxml-3.16.jar by poi-ooxml-4.0.0.jar. Evicted bcpkix-jdk15on-1.60.jar by bcpkix-jdk15on-150.jar. Evicted joda-time-2.3.jar by joda-time-2.9.6.jar. Evicted poi-ooxml-schemas-3.16.jar by poi-ooxml-schemas-4.0.0.jar. Evicted bcprov-jdk15on-1.60.jar by bcprov-jdk15on-150.jar. Evicted poi-3.16.jar by poi-4.0.0.jar. Evicted commons-codec-1.10.jar by commons-codec-1.11.jar. Evicted commons-logging-1.1.jar by commons-logging-1.2.jar. Evicted commons-logging-1.1.3.jar by commons-logging-1.2.jar. Evicted commons-io-2.3.jar by commons-io-2.6.jar. Evicted owasp-java-html-sanitizer-20170515.1.jar by owasp-java-html-sanitizer-20181114.1.jar. Evicted commons-lang-2.5.jar by commons-lang-2.6.jar. [rtlauncher:container$] INFO Container start took 3084. Ready to accept admin requests. Mendix Runtime launcher failed to start. [rtlauncher:main$] ERROR Error with dependency 'com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.IActionRegistrator', for bind method : 'registerActions', of class 'system.UserActionsRegistrar' (found: com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionRegistry)(Warning: classloaders different: instance: project-userlib, implementation: platform-private): null, cause: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error with dependency 'com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.IActionRegistrator', for bind method : 'registerActions', of class 'system.UserActionsRegistrar' (found: com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionRegistry)(Warning: classloaders different: instance: project-userlib, implementation: platform-private): null, cause: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null at com.mendix.container.wiring.Wiring$.$anonfun$doInjection$5(Wiring.scala:260) at cats.syntax.EitherOps$.leftMap$extension(either.scala:144) .... Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) at com.mendix.container.wiring.package$.$anonfun$callMethod$1(package.scala:47) at cats.syntax.EitherObjectOps$.catchNonFatal$extension(either.scala:329) at com.mendix.container.wiring.package$.callMethod(package.scala:47) at com.mendix.container.wiring.Wiring$.doInjection(Wiring.scala:236) ... 71 more Caused by: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems: The method registerUserAction(Class<? extends UserAction<?>>) in the type IActionRegistrator is not applicable for the arguments (Class<Base64Decode>) communitycommons.actions.Base64Decode cannot be resolved to a type The method registerUserAction(Class<? extends UserAction<?>>) in the type IActionRegistrator is not applicable for the arguments (Class<Base64DecodeToFile>) communitycommons.actions.Base64DecodeToFile cannot be resolved to a type The method registerUserAction(Class<? extends UserAction<?>>) in the type IActionRegistrator is not applicable for the arguments (Class<Base64Encode>) communitycommons.actions.Base64Encode cannot be resolved to a type The method registerUserAction(Class<? extends UserAction<?>>) in the type IActionRegistrator is not applicable for the arguments (Class<Base64EncodeFile>) communitycommons.actions.Base64EncodeFile cannot be resolved to a type The method registerUserAction(Class<? extends UserAction<?>>) in the type IActionRegistrator is not applicable for the arguments (Class<Clone>) communitycommons.actions.Clone cannot be resolved to a type ..... The method registerUserAction(Class<? extends UserAction<?>>) in the type IActionRegistrator is not applicable for the arguments (Class<Hash>) communitycommons.actions.Hash cannot be resolved to a type The method registerUserAction(Class<? extends UserAction<?>>) in the type IActionRegistrator is not applicable for the arguments (Class<HTMLEncode>) communitycommons.actions.HTMLEncode cannot be resolved to a type at system.UserActionsRegistrar.registerActions(UserActionsRegistrar.java:10) ... 79 more  It is related to the jar files in the userlib directory, but I don’t think that I can just delete these jar files where the evicition is happening on, because these are in use by other modules in the project.    Help is really appreciated, because the work-a-round is now to commit my changes and download the project again. Which I did already several times.
asked
3 answers

As far as I understood, this seems like jar file in-compatibility issue. From the logs you posted, I could see two versions of Jar present in your lib folder. You can simply delete the older version of jar file with same name. For example:

Evicted joda-time-2.3.jar by joda-time-2.9.6.jar

Certainly 2.9.6 is higher than 2.3. So you could delete Evicted joda-time-2.3.jar.

Probably upgrading the modules that use the dependencies will also help.

After deleting clean your deployment directory and build the project to see if it fixes the issue.

answered

Hi Jeffrey, I'm facing the same problem as you had. I'm curious what your solution was for this problem.

Thanks in advance!

answered

I was getting same issue on 2 developer machines, it seems like issue related to mendix runtime cache so after changing the port on my both the machines it worked for me. So right now this solution is 100% working for this error.

answered