Button as a Link for an Email

Hi All! I seem to have run into one of those things that seems really simple and easy – buuuuuut here were are. My goal is to create a link that will open an email for our users from their browser. I setup a button as a link (see below) and am not sure what I’m doing wrong.  I also tried to throw an HTML snippet onto the page with this <a> tag . <a href="mailto: fake@your.email"> here. </a> Fake email addresses have been thrown in, I am positive that the email address I am using is linked to a very real and working inbox.  Worth noting that the open a web address functionality works (as long as the URL is formatted properly).  I’m hoping this is a silly formatting issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
asked
3 answers

Hi,

Use ‘Link Button’ inside a data view or list view based on your scenario, and select link type as ‘Email’, and map the email attribute.So that automatically when an user click on this link button, it will open up Email box.Refer below:

OnClick of Link button in Ui, it will showcase something like this:

Hope this is what you are looking for……..

answered

Also weirdly enough, I have noticed that the email bit will work on a mobile app. But it does look like it should be allowed in responsive environments as well. 

answered

Marie,

What happens when you click on a mail to link?  Seems like it could be a browser or desktop setting.  Have you tried this in different browsers, computers, etc?

Mike

answered