Domain modeling best practices for functional correctness, development ease and performance in Mendix

I am a student and exploring Mendix. I like what I see so far. I wanted to ask if there are some best practices to follow while designing a "Domain Model" so that it is functionally correct and also fine-tuned for performance.
asked
3 answers

There are some. I recommend the learning paths.

Basically, the domain model is some sort of visualization of your database structure. That means, following the common database best practices is already a good starting point.

Be careful with calculated attributes. At first sight they seem to be your best friend, but they are not :-)

Similar advice for specilizations. They are useful but you should be careful with using them too much. Follow the domain model learning path. It has some good information.

answered

Hi Michael,

have you checked this one?

https://docs.mendix.com/howto/general/community-best-practices-for-app-performance

best

Bjoern

answered

Take care of persistance and non persistance entity. For validation use microflow not entity level. Calculated attributes should be used carefully!

answered