Error while merging code from Branch Line to Main Line

Hello All, I’m getting error while merging code from Branch Line to Main Line and due to this error merge process doesn’t get complete. Branch Line and Main Line are in Mendix 8.14.1 version.  Error Message: System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred when trying to set the 'Image' property of a Image in a Image collection with ID 4e386d24-7c27-4159-aebe-54586e4a5f6b. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Is there any way we can find image using the ID generated by Mendix?. Please help if you faced similar issues.
asked
4 answers

Hi Manikandan, 

I am not aware about this particular issue.

Based on the error I assume it has to do with the image collections you add to a module. Check if any of the image collections you added is blocking your merge. 

In general we faced a lot of issues while merging as well. What we noticed is, when things goes wrong in Mendix merge, we also try to do that with Tortoise SVN, i.e outside Mendix. Sometimes, it went perfectly fine without issues. 

Also SVN merging will give more bit more meaningful statements and reasons when issue happens, which helped us until now to figure out what happened and fix it. 

answered

I never saw this issuem but i would do in this case: remove the main line from my system, reload a fresh copy and retry.

If that doesn't work: if the change is small, dont do a merge but simply redo the change in main by hand.

In other cases, i think it is wise to create a support ticket, because it does sounds like a bug to me.

I hope this helps.

answered

Hi all,

I have the exact same problem. How did you solve this?

answered

Hi Vinesh, This issue is due to a bug in Mendix Studio 8.13 & 8.14 version. This issue is resolved in 8.15 version, upgrade your project to 8.15.1 version and try it will work. We just completed our merge, it's working.

answered