404 Not Found error when Running Locally

Hi, I do have problems with Running my Apps Locally.  The last time I developed an App in August it was working fine, but now I keep on getting the “404 Not Found” error with the message: The requested resource /index.html?profile=Responsive was not found on this server. I searched the Forum for some solutions and here´s what I already tried: downloaded latest Version of Mendix Studio Pro (8.15.2) created a new App with the Blank App template tried “Run Locally”, then received the error again Under [Project] → [Security] → I turned off Project security (which was already set) [Project] → [Settings] → [Runtime] → After startup is set to ‘none’ (which was already set) made a commit closed Studio Pro and started it again   clicked “Run Locally”, got same error   When clicking “Run” it works fine. I get the same behaviour with my previously developed apps with other Studio Pro Versions (8.9.0 and 8.12.1).  I would really appreciate any help on that issue. Best regards,  Martin
asked
3 answers

Judging by the looks of the error, it is not the Mendix runtime responding, but some other web server. Probably, you have installed another web server since August, which uses port 8080.

You can easily run Mendix on another, free port to see if that works: Project>Settings>Active configuration>Server (tip: change both runtime and admin port). The run again (tip2: use the View button).

I would expect Mendix to throw an error in the Console as well though if the port is in use already.

answered

What happens if you only access the URL localhost://8080?

answered

Thanks a lot for your fast and constructive replies! 

And @Lucas Meertens, you nailed it. I installed Docker Desktop in September, which was I thought was only using 1880, but it also used 8080. In the Mendix Console there was no error message by the way, I don´t exactly know why… 
After stopping Docker Desktop, it works fine. 

Again, thanks to everyone – you´re doing a great job!

answered