404 - file not found for file: styles/web/sass/fonts when the files are all there

When I Run my app locally I get this error when hitting the save button on one of my pop-ups. I checked for the file on my desktop in the  \theme\styles\web\sass\fonts folder for this branch and all the fonts are there. Has anyone come across this error before? I can’t seem to find anything on this in the Help. I’m using Mendix Studio Pro 8.18.1 404 - file not found for file: styles/web/sass/fonts/siemenssans-roman-webfont.woff
asked
7 answers

Hi Ali,

This error is not likely caused by the missing font files. Perhaps there is some validation being triggered by this form? If a validation feedback action cannot find a member to show to validation feedback on, it shows in a popup like this.

answered

Thank you for the feedback Marius.

I checked all my microflows and I’m not using any validation feedbacks anywhere.

Is there anything else you can think of that I can check? What else can I do to help me debug this error?

Thanks again.

answered

I would also like to now. Have the same problem.

Any solution yet?

answered

I had a similar error (Mx9.6): 404 - file not found for file: resources/font/meta/meta.ttf and I also had the files on my disk.

First thing to try: copy the files (including directory structure) that are located in the THEME folder to the DEPLOYMENT/WEB folder, only to check if the error would then be gone. (The error is actually saying  it can't find the files in the DEPLOYMENT/WEB folder)

This - of course - is not the real solution, since the deployment folder is created when you run the app.

Next thing to do: search for the font (eg. using Visual Studio Code) in all your css-files to see where in the styling the font is used.

In my case, I found the problem and the cause: the url wasn't correct anymore. 
    src: url("./resources/font/meta/meta.woff") format("opentype"),url("./resources/font/meta/meta.ttf") format("truetype")

Hope this helps!

answered

Have the same problem. on Mendix 9.24

answered

I had a similar issue. Locally the glyphicons displayed fine, but when deployed on our Windows servers, they were missing everywhere in the app.

On Windows, the deployed app is fronted by IIS, and I added a MIME type font/woff2 for the file extension .woff2 in the MIME Types IIS configuration for the IIS website. This fixed the problem for us. I hope this helps.

answered

I have a similar problem and can not locate the problem. The font every few reloads of the application displays the correct one and then disappears again while using the application.

answered