how to work with client-site Data

Hello everyone, i would like to store data just on client so it is non-persistable. for example: i have a inputd textwidget a user can fill. After calling a microflow, an object based on the input of the textwidget is created and stored non-persistable. After repeating this procedure four times, i would have 4 Objects. Now i want to show these Objects in a grid or listview lets say.  After restarting my app, the data should be not available anymore (of course, because the targed storage is non-persisitable). how can i implement this? should i use non-persitable entities? How can i show them in a grid? Or do i have to use another way for my intention. Thank you so much in advance!
asked
3 answers

Yes, use non persistent objects. Those can also be used in a grid. Sometimes it is handy to attach non persistent object to the user session. This way you can still retrieve a non persistent object over the user session later in a process.

So just create the single four objects (and set the reference) you can then use this reference to show all the objects in the grid.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Hi maschu,

Create another Persistable or non Persistable entity ‘Parent’  , associate your entity ‘ Child’ with the parent .  * child  – 1 parent.  The parent can be the Account  entity, the session or associated with it so you can retrieve it when needed.

Now once the user enters a new value , first check if parent object exists, if not create a new one else use the existing one . You will associate your child object with this parent.

On your display page, you will have a dataview having the Parent object , inside it a list view of all associated children.

Another way is to store your objects as Persistent, then either on navigation or at any point that makes sense to you delete them before the user enters new values.

Thanks,

Sufian.

answered

Also, if you want to do stuff client side, use nanoflows as long as you do not have to access the database. This saves your application roundtrips and makes it better responsive. And to extend the functions available at your fingertips: add module nanoflow_commons.

answered