Compilation Error moving from 8 to 9

I’m compiling my app after moving from 8 to 9 and I’m getting this error. I guess I followed the guide but perhaps I’m missing something. Any help is much appreciated.   Buildfile: C:\Users\massimo.mucci\Documents\Mendix\RD-TASKS-main\deployment\build_core.xml compile:     [javac] Compiling 210 source files to C:\Users\massimo.mucci\Documents\Mendix\RD-TASKS-main\deployment\run\bin     [javac] C:\Users\massimo.mucci\Documents\Mendix\RD-TASKS-main\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:360: error: method execute in class Core cannot be applied to given types;     [javac]         return Core.execute(c, microflowName, params);     [javac]                    ^     [javac]   required: T     [javac]   found: IContext,String,Map<String,Object>     [javac]   reason: cannot infer type-variable(s) T,R     [javac]     (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)     [javac]   where T,R are type-variables:     [javac]     T extends CoreAction<R> declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac]     R extends Object declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac] C:\Users\massimo.mucci\Documents\Mendix\RD-TASKS-main\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:590: warning: [dep-ann] deprecated item is not annotated with @Deprecated     [javac]     public static boolean objectsAreEqual(Object left, Object right) {     [javac]                           ^     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.     [javac] 1 error     [javac] 1 warning BUILD FAILED C:\Users\massimo.mucci\Documents\Mendix\RD-TASKS-main\deployment\build_core.xml:30: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 2 seconds  
asked
2 answers

The Core API has had some changes and some deprecated functions have been removed.

Thankfully there is an easy fix, the problem you are seeing is with Community Commons, and the latest version is compatible with Mendix 9. All you need to do is reinstall the latest version of Community Commons, and your problem should be resolved.

Good luck

answered

Thank you Robert, I’ll try that and will let you know how it goes.

answered