Post Content Empty

I have an exposed POST service for a third party app call back. Since migrating to Mendix 8 the content of the request is not coming through When I try using Postman it comes through fine. According to the API dashboard on the third party side, everything was sent properly.  Is there a reason why might strip the content in Mx8?
asked
3 answers

In Mendix 8, the HttpRequest/Content is left empty when the Content-Type is multipart/form-data.

You can handle these type of requests in two ways:

1. The easiest way is to add form parameters to the REST operation
  2. If you want to parse the request content yourself, then you add a body parameter
answered

If you set the log to trace what does the logs tell you? Because to me this looks like the other party is at fault here. I can not think of any reason why something on the Mendix end would strip the content. But the logs might tell you something here.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Why are you using form-data instead of json via raw json or export mapping?

——

I had the same issue in the past. You need to set your headers (Content-Type and Accept) properly. Also define your body in a correct way, with a correct match to your headers. E.g. if your content-type is application/x-www-form-urlencoded, then you need to set the custom template with an & separated key/value string.

answered