If you are trying to clone an object then you can use community commons clone java action. Then manually delete the parent object.
If you really want to edit that object, change some values and save then I think it should be simple too (although I dont really understand the business case):
- When you edit the project from datagrid or list
- That selected object is passed to the page as page parameter
- You can have save button that triggers the microflow
- Within the microflow, you will get the selected parent object which can then be cloned to new object and saved.
- Then deleting the parent object is simple delete activity.
If this does not answer your question, then elaborate your question with screen shots