Mendix Studio Pro 9.6 - Consuming loads of memory

Hi guys, I am wondering I am working on a new project which Mendix 9.6.1. All new features are really cool, but it seems the modeller is eating each minute more and more memory. And the responsiveness of the studio isn’t really getting better. For instance I have a model where the MPR is only 12 MB and the studio is consuming a whopping 4.5 GB of memory. Anyone seeing the same issues?
asked
4 answers

Same here. Mendix Studio Pro is taking up so much space that it freezes and crashes sometimes. I had to force restart my laptop. I am using Mendix 9.5.

answered

Got two projects in 9.6.1, both having .mpr’s >40MB, but only consume 900MB of sysmem. My setup is 32GB memory, 2TB SSD-disk, Intel core i9 10th gen. Needless to say, I am very happy with it. Works-on-my-machine is never nice to hear, but hoping that it inspires you to temper with the setup until the sysmem usage become normal again at your side too.

answered

Hi Tim,

Strange thought… On my environment the modeller is slowly consuming more and more memory. So yesterday I was working whole day in Mendix 9.7.0 it started around 1 GB but after one day of opening, closing forms, microflows, services and running the apps etc I see the memory is increasing. Don’t you see the same thing?

answered

In 9.6.6 we, like Ivo, have significant performance issues in copying/pasting, opening and closing pages and flows, renaming stuff etc.. We came from 7.23.10 which work performant in everyway.

Things I've already done trying to improve things (no luck):

Set the error auto-check delay to 1000ms

Switched off Mendix Assist Logic Bot and Performance Bot

Also annoying is the bug in copy/pasting/delete in the properties pane. Come on guys, this is like several releases already?!

I'm running on a Dell XPS 11th gen i7-11800 with 32GB of RAM on a 1TB SSD so that shouldn't be a problem..

answered