mpr.bak File Conflict when updating the application

Hi Folks,   We are continuously getting this conflict error while doing SVN update. ref snip below.   This is creating extra mpr.bak files like this bak.r35 and bak.r37. The numbers are nothing but the latest revisions. This is happening, when latest commit is not mine and I have some changes in my local and I am doing SVN update.   Workaround: As a workaround, we are resolving this using SVN resolve after installing TortoiseSVN in order to proceed with code commit. But need your suggestion to mitigate this permanently.   Thank you for taking your time in going through the issue!
asked
1 answers

Hi Soumya,

Couple assumptions :

• You are using the merging branches using Mendix Studio Pro and not directly using TortoiseSVN.
  • All developers are working on the same Mendix version per branch
  • All developers update their revision before making commits (from Mendix Studio pro)

It seems that multiple developers are modifying the same elements in Studio pro in different branches and when you merge, conflicts occur. If that's the case, you need to work on your branching strategy and discuss within developers and figure out a way to not work on the same page/microflow/nanoflow etc. Please do the merging and conflict resolution from within the Studio Pro as well as much as possible. AFAIK, it's only CSS conflicts that need to be fixed outside Studio Pro using TortoiseSVN.

It would benefit you to have smaller microflows/nanoflows and use sub microflows / nanoflows as much as possible, which makes it easier to collaborate with the team. For pages, use snippets if useful and wherever possible.

Hope this helps.

answered