An error occurred while initializing the Runtime: More than one model guids entry found for entity

Hello everyone,  when I run the application I am getting this below error in the console. I am not able to understand, so any help would be greatly appreciated.   An error occurred while initializing the Runtime: More than one model guids entry found for entity ‘App.Entity1'   com.mendix.m2ee.api.AdminException: An error occurred while initializing the Runtime: More than one model guids entry found for entity ‘App.Entity1' at com.mendix.basis.impl.MxRuntimeImplBase.start(MxRuntimeImplBase.java:334)   Caused by: com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusRuntimeException: More than one model guids entry found for entity ‘App.Entity1' at com.mendix.connectionbus.mapping.MapperBase.getObjectIdByName$1(MapperBase.scala:178) at com.mendix.connectionbus.mapping.MapperBase.getModelColumnName(MapperBase.scala:187) at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.ModelSynchronizationUpdater.renderModelInfo(ModelSynchronizationUpdater.java:175)   Thanks
asked
2 answers

From what I’ve seen before, it seems this error occurs due to a combination of a unique constraint application and the renaming/recreating of associations.

To solve this, you can upgrade to 8.18.11 (or higher), where the issue is solved. From those release notes

• We fixed the failing synchronization that occurred when a one-to-one or many-to-one association was renamed to an existing association that was removed. 

If upgrading is not an option, there is also a workaround:

1. Set the uniqueness validation toggle to Runtime and deploy the app.
  2. Set the uniqueness validation toggle back to Database and deploy the app again.

To toggle the setting you can go to Project settings -> Runtime -> Uniqueness validation

What this toggling does is that it first removes all the constraints and then re-adds them correctly. Please make sure to deploy the app each time with a newly built .mda.

I understand the original problem may be solved, this is more for future reference. 

answered

It seems you have been able to corrupt your local database. If you have a backup somewhere you could try to restore to that one. See documentation here: https://docs.mendix.com/developerportal/operate/restore-backup-locally

Otherwise you probably need to delete your local database (just cut and paste your deployment folder to somewhere else so at least you still have a backup of this and try to start the model again fresh. But you will have lost all your data with that action. A new local database will be created again.

Regards,

Ronald

answered