Hardware question

Hi all,   I have a question regarding the ideal hardware-setup for runnning the Mendix Studio pro. We, at our IT department, notice increasingly and frequent “slowdown” in the Studio. This behavior is most noticealbe  when saving a large microflow or domain model (even navigating in a domain model) and modifying a large page. Any tips and recommandation on hardware would be appreciated for Mendix 9.x and onward :)   our current specs: CPU: Intel I5-6400 2.7 gHz RAM: 16Gb 1600MHz SSD: 1Tb  
asked
4 answers

That’s why we have moved to zBooks with i7. :-) Teams and Studio Pro together overwhelmed our normal business laptops. With the i7 under the hood it’s okay. But in general Studio Pro 9 seems to have some performance issues when the projects grow.

answered

Hi Niek,

I would expect this hardware to run Studio Pro without any problems.  What does make a big difference in my opinion is turning of the MxAssist Logic bot (edit MxAssist), this made Studio Pro a lot faster for me.

Also I notice it slows down when I have a lot of tabs open at the same time so I try to close and save them regularly.

answered

Hi Niek,

From my personal experience, the setup you describe should be very capable of running Mendix Studio Pro.
The information that is lacking from your post, and that will help to see what is possible bottleneck might be is:

- How many instances of the modeler are open at the same time?

- Is the Windows Machine running any managed software?  I’ve noticed that some governance software can cause a strain on the laptop’s performance

- Is MS teams running? This is a real memory hog :)

Hope these questions give some direction in finding the cause of your issue.

answered

Hi Niek,

Just open with a large project in Mendix 9, almost every day I need a reboot at lunchtime.
Mendix is a very developer-friendly tool!

My PC has the following specs.

Processor is an 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80 GHz
16.0 GB RAM

answered