Saving and presenting data

On my home page I have a data view which has an entity, with two strings Name and Location.  When I add a name and a location in my page2 it is added to the data view. From then on the user is asked questions about the objects, such as ”Is it a...”: CHOICE A                                                                                                                                            CHOICE B These choices are buttons, which lead to the next set of questions, four more choices and each of those choices lead to a last page of questions which two drop down menus. Each page has a data view with its own entity.     What I would love to have is the ability to click on my home page data view which only shows name and location and this would open up a popup form for the desired object, to get is specifications gotten form the questions asked before.   What is the best way to go about this? I see two issues in my wish, one is how can I click on a created object in the data view and let it do something, the second obstacle I face is how I can create a popup form with multiple entities. I know this is a lot of information and I any help is much appreciated.  
asked
3 answers

Hi Gal,

So what you are trying to achieve is that a person can see his previous submission? You can add a show page button in the data view. Then you can create a pop-up page. That pop-up page you can give the same data view as the home page. Next you can add several data view (or list views depending on your use case) with all the other entities to that specific page by using the Assocation datasource.

Please be sure that your entities are all related to the homepage entity. If the relation are 1-1/*-1 then use a data view. If the relation is 1-* then use a list view.

It would be something like:

answered

my data grid is like this

answered

It does save my inputed data and also displays it correctly but it also saves all possible inputs...how do I make it save only what i clicked on?

edit: I forgot to do assocications as you did, however now the data of the two other entitites is not saved and is greyed out(even though editable is set to yes).

Anyone have any idea how to go about this?

answered