Create Domain model from schema file

Is there an option to create a domain model from a JSON Schema or XML Schema including all parameters like is an attribute required or a fixed range of values? I have already tried out a little with an XML Schema file, but  I have not yet figured out yet how to add a fixed range of values. I am using Mendix Studio 9 Pro right now.
asked
3 answers

Hi Ingo,

You can do this partially.

It will create a domain model for you which mirrors the xml.

Although most of the times i choose to create my own model by hand. I normally use only a small number of elements from the full xml and don't need to import the rest.

Is this what you are looking for?

answered

Hey there, I recently did a video on how to do this, for both REST/JSON and SOAP/XML. Have a look here. https://www.mendix.com/live/supply-chain-soap-rest/ starting at 15:00+

answered

Is there an option to create a domain model from a JSON Schema or XML Schema including all parameters like is an attribute required or a fixed range of values? I have already tried out a little with an XML Schema file, but I have not yet figured out. How to add a fixed range of values.

Thanks for your quick responses. It gives me a clearer overview what is possible. But two topics are still not clear for me. Where can I find a documentation which XML components will be considered during the XSD-import process? And second for me it looks like, that the import function can set following stuff in the domain model entity:

• Attributes
  • Associations
  • No persistable data

But it would be perfect for my use case if I can import validation rules from a XSD file if it’s supported by Mendix. It would reduce implementation efforts and reduce possible error sources.  

answered