Error while running application in the cloud: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I tried to run the application in the cloud, and I got this error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Mendix.Modeler.WebUI.BrowserOpener.OpenBrowser(NavigationDocument navigation, String baseUrl, Boolean useOpenIDLoginPage, ProfileKind kind) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.WebUI\BrowserOpener.cs:line 27 at Mendix.Modeler.WebUI.ViewAppControlsPlugin.OpenBrowser(ProfileKind kind) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.WebUI\ViewAppControlsPlugin.cs:line 341 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnButtonClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.MenuStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.MenuStripEx.WndProc(Message& m) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility.Gui\ToolBar\ToolStripEx.cs:line 87 at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) Does anyone know what the problem is? Maybe the Mendix version?
asked
1 answers

I once got this error and it was fixed by upgrading project to a recent Mendix version. 
Similar suggestions are there in this forum post too. There are also a few other things mentioned which you may verify in your project. 
https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/105019

As you are using Mendix 8, you can try upgrading the project to latest Mendix 8 version. 

answered