Create an Editable Version of an ENUM attribute

I’m trying to create a drop-down (ENUM, or anything else) that has editable values depending on the type of user logged in. Example scenario: Task Tracking App that has a dropdown button with list of departments (HR, IT, Marketing, etc) When manager logged in: Should be able to add/remove departments from the dropdown Limit departments available to choose depending on the user (User Role) When regular user logged in: Only be able to choose the department assigned to this user role (so if a HR agent is logged in, they should only be able to choose HR when clicked Departments drop-down) Users can have the ability to choose between multiple departments BUT ONLY THOSE assigned to them by the manager Current solution: I have an entity that has Departments attribute as ENUM; however ENUMs are predefined values and are not editable by any user.    What can I use instead of ENUMs to be able to implement features listed above?
asked
2 answers

Instead of creating department as ENUM Attributes you can create department as a separate entity and create association between the department and the main entity (Master Data).Create overview and new edit pages for department entity and add them in the navigation for Manager ,Here Manager can add/remove department. Use Reference selector where you want to choose the department.

answered

See if this marketplace widget helps you out: https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/component/111568/Mendix/Dropdown-Container

answered