Commit Error

Hello! I have an issue when I commit my Mendix Pro application. When I try to commit the app, this error shows. I get a similar error when I try to preview or publish the application. Has anyone seen this error before, or know how to fix it? I put the full error text below. Thank you!   Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.VersionControlException: An error occurred while checking for changes on disk.  ---> SharpSvn.SvnSystemException: Can't open directory 'C:\Users\nicgun1h\OneDrive - SPLM\Documents\Mendix\QMR2-main\Mendix\QMR_EXPERIMENTAL-main\javasource\mendixsso\proxies': The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid.      at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, SvnException error, Object targets)    at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Status(String path, SvnStatusArgs args, EventHandler`1 statusHandler)    at SharpSvn.SvnClient.GetStatus(String path, SvnStatusArgs args, Collection`1& statuses)    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnClientAdapter.GetStatus(String path, SvnStatusArgs args, Collection`1& statuses) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl\Svn\SvnClientAdapter.cs:line 47    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Windows.SvnConnector.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<GetChanges>b__0(ISvnClient c) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Windows\Svn\SvnConnector.cs:line 160    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Windows.SvnConnector.PathClientDo(String workingCopyPath, Action`1 action) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Windows\Svn\SvnConnector.cs:line 339    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Windows.SvnConnector.GetChanges(String localDir, Boolean retrieveRemoteChanges, Boolean retrieveAllEntries) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Windows\Svn\SvnConnector.cs:line 160    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Windows.SvnConnector.GetChanges(String localDir, Boolean retrieveRemoteChanges, Boolean retrieveAllEntries) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Windows\Svn\SvnConnector.cs:line 166    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Operations.Svn.SvnUnlockWorkingCopyOperation.IsWorkingCopyLocked(String projectDirectory) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl\Operations\Svn\SvnUnlockWorkingCopyOperation.cs:line 52    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Operations.Svn.SvnUnlockWorkingCopyOperation.Execute(String projectDirectory) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl\Operations\Svn\SvnUnlockWorkingCopyOperation.cs:line 25    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.WorkingCopyLockHandlerUI.EnsureWorkingCopyIsNotLocked(String projectDirectory) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl\WorkingCopyLockHandlerUI.cs:line 24    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.CommitPreparer.CheckPrerequisites(IProject project) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.View\Commit\CommitPreparer.cs:line 77    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.RevCommitter.CommitInternal(IProject project, Boolean silent, String initialMessage, RevOperationSource source) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.View\Commit\RevCommitter.cs:line 105    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.RevCommitter.Commit(IProject project, String initialMessage, RevOperationSource source) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.View\Commit\RevCommitter.cs:line 79    at Mendix.Modeler.MainWindow.Menus.VersionControlMenuItemsProvider.CommitChanges() in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.ProjectHandling.View\Menus\VersionControlMenuItemsProvider.cs:line 183    at Mendix.Modeler.Core.View.Menus.MainMenu.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<CreateButtonMenuItem>b__0(Object _, EventArgs _) in C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core.View.CrossPlatform\Menus\MainMenu.cs:line 134    at Eto.Forms.Command.OnExecuted(EventArgs e)    at Eto.Forms.Command.Execute()    at Eto.Forms.Command.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter)    at Eto.PropertyStore.CommandWrapper.Command_Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e)    at Eto.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)    at Eto.Forms.MenuItem.Callback.OnClick(MenuItem widget, EventArgs e)    at Eto.Wpf.Forms.Menu.MenuItemHandler`3.OnClick()    at Eto.Wpf.Forms.Menu.MenuItemHandler`3.<Initialize>b__1_0(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)    at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)  
asked
6 answers

I see you are trying to use OneDrive and this can cause problems as it moves and restores files that Studio Pro is using and that can cause conflicts.

Are you able to move your Mendix application out of OneDrive? 

answered

You have checked out the Mendix model in a folder which is checked out in onedrive

C:\Users\nicgun1h\OneDrive - SPLM\Documents\Mendix\

So you have a versioned folder synced in another versioned folder. Like adding a google drive folder into a dropbox folder.

That doesn't really work as you experience.

First check out the model in a folder which is NOT synced with onedrive. As it seems to me, all your user data is synced with Ondrive. So you need to select/create a folder in the C: root to get it out of OneDrive context.

answered

Hi Nicole Gunderson,

Try installing the windows update and it's really important with onedrive.

For more info check this link to update:

https://appuals.com/fix-the-tag-present-in-the-reparse-point-buffer-is-invalid-on-onedrive/

Hope it helps!

answered

Are you working on a Mac with Parallel?

answered

Hi Nicole,

You have to keep your Mendix app package outside of your One drive folder.

answered

Hi Nicole,

You can do the commit by using SVN tortoise tool and enter your Mendix credentials in the popup when it asks for you.

answered