Add a page url as link in email template

Hi, I am new to Mendix and I need to send an email with a link (client feedback page url) to client asking for feedback. So how can I get the url of a page (in my case it is ClientFeedback_NewEdit page), so that I can use this url as a link in email.   Thanks for the help in advance.
asked
6 answers

Hi Keerthi,
For achieving this, you can either use a Deeplink or,

you can use page URL(page properties), there, you can enter the 
page URL and then use it to access the page,
You can refer to the image below, regarding the Page URL and you can visit this doc also by clicking here,

Now, using Community commons module you can use the GetAppURL java action and get the appURL and then,
Using a String Variable, you can get use the AppURL and add a '/p/pg'(page URL), to is, Now, you can mail this string to
anyone and the user will be able to access the page by clicking on the link.
you can refer to the following image to get the idea.

Let me know, if you face any issues,

Hope it helps!

**EDITED**

answered

Hi Keerthi,

If you want an email with a specific link to a Mendix page you need multiple components.

Install these marketplace modules

- EmailConnector (for sending emails)

- Encryption (needed for EmailConnector)

- MxModelReflection (for a reference to your domain model)

- DeepLink (for a specific link to a page/microflow)

If you have installed these modules, you can configure in EmailConnector a template for your email.

In this template you can add the link through a placeholder.

Assuming you already have configured the EmailConnector and know how the MxModelReflection works.

This is the outline, but hopefully you will get it working.

Good luck,

Peter

answered

Hi Rishab,
I already tried fixing this using page url but when I give value under URL property automatically {id} is adding as suffix and that id value is getting updated every time I click on that page. As the id is keep on changing, how can I use the url of that page?

So here id value is changing for every refresh.

So please let me know how to fix this issue.

answered

Added Anonymous user access for the page but still redirecting to login page.

answered

answered

Hi Rishab,

I have created new role and assigned that role to anonymous user role but still re-directing to login page only. Below are the steps I followed.

Could you please le t me know what I am doing wrong.

1. Module>Security>Module Roles>Added new role “Test”.
  2. Module>Security>Page Access>For the feedback page, added Test role permissions(Only Test role has permission to this page.)
  3. Module>Security>Microflow Access> For the microflow required to trigger email, added “Test role” permissions(Only Test role has permission to this microflow.)
  4. Module>Security>Entity Access> For the entity created for feedback form, added “Test role” permissions(Only Test role has permission to this entity.)
  5. App>Security>User roles>Added new role “UserRoleTest” and added “Mymodule.Test”
  6. App>Security>Anonymous Users>Anonymous user role>Added “UserRoleTest”.
answered