Starter App (not a valid zip file)

Hi everyone! I had some errors while creating a new app using a Starter App Template I've just made. Once after I uploaded a package on to the marketplace and use to create a new mendix app, an error message show up saying "The file <filepath> is not a valid package." I tested it again on another PC and it ran into the same error.   I did some search and it seems like the Ionic.Zip couldn't read the zip file at the file path. I looked into the file at my Local\Temp\ folder and it has a file extension of .sed. I'm not sure how it works but is there a way to convert it to a .zip file? Or could it be a corrupted file? How do I determine the cause of the issue? Here are the details of the error message Mendix.Modeler.Packages.Metadata.Exceptions.BadZipFileException: The file 'C:\Users\jtbt1999\AppData\Local\Temp\doncr1vc.sed' is not a valid ZIP file. ---> Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile ---> Ionic.Zip.BadReadException:   Bad signature (0x694C5153) at position  0x00000000    at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadHeader(ZipEntry ze, Encoding defaultEncoding)    at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadEntry(ZipContainer zc, Boolean first)    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance_Orig(ZipFile zf)    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read(String fileName, TextWriter statusMessageWriter, Encoding encoding, EventHandler`1 readProgress)    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read(String fileName)    at Mendix.Modeler.Packages.Metadata.PackageImporter.ReadZipFile(String packageFilePath) in Mendix.Modeler.Packages.Metadata\PackageImporter.cs:line 23    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    at Mendix.Modeler.Packages.Metadata.PackageImporter.ReadZipFile(String packageFilePath) in Mendix.Modeler.Packages.Metadata\PackageImporter.cs:line 27    at Mendix.Modeler.ProjectHandling.View.Packages.ProjectPackageImporterUI.Import(String packageFilePath, CreateProjectConfig config, String processTitle, Boolean isNewProject) in Mendix.Modeler.ProjectHandling.View\Packages\ProjectPackageImporterUI.cs:line 86  
asked
1 answers

Hi Jason Ban Tze Tan,

This error occurs because the package you created is not .mpk file and mendix accept this extension, The file is converted into sed which is a stream editor, I think you are using Linux os and running the mendix through virtual machine. This is a kind of common error occurs when we follow this. Try to export the package within the os running on the hypervisor and try to import the module again and now the you can see the module with the extension .mpk.

answered