Refresh in client behaviours when editing attributes of an object in an edit pop up

Hi everyone! I noticed two different behaviours when editing attributes of an object in an edit pop up: if I directly open the Edit pop up with an Action Button, the grid in the background (in the overview page) doesn’t refresh until I click on the Save Button inside the Edit pop up. if I open the Edit pop up through a microflow, the grid in the background refreshes every time I leave any input field in the Edit pop up. I know that the second behaviour can be avoided using non persistent helpers entities, but I’m triyng to understand if I’m missing something. Is there any workaround to gain the same result of the first behaviour with less effort?   Thank you
asked
1 answers

A different approach could be use a DTO (data transfer object).

A DTO is non-persistable and store the same attributes as the entity in question.

On clicking 'Edit' the DTO is created and populated with the values from the persistable entity.

The user can the edit the values.

On clicking 'Save' the DTO is validated and if it is valid the data is updated on the persistable entity, committed and refreshed in the client.

answered