Upgrade to 9.24.0 potentially causing errors

Hello,   After upgrading to Mendix 9.24.0, certain normal operations that previously worked now give an error. On attempting to update an association on an entity that previously had no issues, I now get the following error message:   An error has occurred while handling the request. [User 'MxAdmin' with session id 'ce310b06-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXf926' and roles 'Administrator'] -------- com.mendix.webui.WebUIException: Exception while executing runtime operation at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RuntimeOperationAction.$anonfun$apply$1(RuntimeOperationAction.scala:60) Caused by: com.mendix.webui.WebUIException: Attempt to illegally change a value for object with id '<id>' (<MyDomainModel.NPE>). Member is not writable at com.mendix.webui.jsonserialization.IncomingObject$.$anonfun$toMendixObject$4(IncomingObject.scala:47) Double checking the domain model, I believe I have all necessary permissions active. I’m not sure what changed. This exact error occurs in multiple different parts of the application that previously had no issues. Strangely, the MyDomainModel.NPE (not the actual name) always shows up in this error, regardless of where it happens in the app, despite the fact that it is not being used in those actions.    If anyone has any insight, that would be very helpful! 
asked
7 answers

Hi all,

The solution was simply to reinstall the EnvironmentVariables Marketplace module I was using. After the upgrade from 9.22.0 to 9.24.0, something broke, but the reinstall fixed it. 

Also, on my NPE that the error was occurring with, I unchecked all the Store ‘<option>’ checkboxes, since they were not relevant to me. I’m not sure if that was necessary, but I felt it couldn’t hurt. 

Thanks all for your time and consideration! 

answered

I don’t have the solution but I see that you are working as MxAdmin.

Usually MxAdmin is a user but not an Account. If your Access rights are based on associations to the Account Object, it will not work with MxAdmin. You could give it a try and do the same test with a “real” administrator Account.

answered

I’m getting the same issue with an NPE on the store created Date field I think. When I turn this off it works fine again.

answered

i also got the same issue. ”Member is not writable”. Solved by removing one of tje store system members options.

answered

We are also experiencing similar issues in the 9.24.x branch.  Several hundred per day in fact.  Most of our errors are:

“com.mendix.webui.WebUIException: Applying change for 'changedDate' of object with id '<ID HERE>' (MyDomainModel.PE) failed for security reasons.  Hash is invalid! at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.HashUtilImpl$.verifyHash(HashUtilImpl.scala:46)”

The user role receiving these errors has Full Read / Full Write access, and yet we’re receiving these errors on a system member attribute!  Mendix support wants us to provide a a test project (mpk file) that replicates the issue. The test project includes only the implementation of the behavior/issue and not the entire project”which I can appreciate, but unfortunately our application is a monolith with cross-associations to multiple other module entities.  It would take us days to “extract” a minimally functional test project and data to reproduce, and I don’t think they have considered that by doing so the “new test project” might not exhibit the issue.  In this case, there is nothing we as developers can do to effect behavioral changes on system objects.  Right?  Am I right?

I’ve never had a “good” experience with Mendix support.  They tend to push back that it’s our model design or try to steer us to engage their professional services.  Very unsatisfactory customer support.

answered

Apparently, this has been fixed in 9.24.5

"We fixed an issue where creating a non-persistable entity led to errors when the entity contained a system attribute. (Tickets 189835, 190622)

https://docs.mendix.com/releasenotes/studio-pro/9.24/#fixes-3

answered

I encountered the same issue when trying to delete a non-persistent entity in a Nanoflow. The problem was linked to the selection of all system members, which led to the issue. It was resolved once I deselected the system members.

answered