Mendix running is failing - Throwing an error

Hi, I am using Mendix 8.13.1 version for our application. I have been working in this version since 3 years. I am facing a strange issue today. When I am trying to run my application locally, I am getting this error.   It says No permission to open socket or another server is already running on localhost:8092. But I have opened only one modeler. I tried restarting and shutting down my system by closing all the application from modeler.     Can anyone help how to resolve this.   Thanks in advance.
asked
2 answers

Hi Sushma,

Most likely, your Studio Pro instance crashed before (without restarting your machine). If so, another instance might be running. Otherwise, you could be using another (Mendix) app locally at the same time as well. If you want to do this, you need to select a different port for each app.

When you only have one Studio Pro instance running, but there are more OpenJDK processes running; it's likely that something is still running in te background. A device restart is the cleanest option then (or killing a process manually).

In order to use more than one app, you can change the port via the ‘Settings’.

Hopefully, this helps.

answered

Hi Sushma,

It looks like the port you are trying to use is already in used by Mendix or another program. Try changing the port with the following steps:

1. Go to the app settings
  2. Select the profile you are working with
  3. Go to server tab
  4. Change runtime port to 8083
  5. Change Admin port to 8093

Hope this helps!

answered