i want to add search bar in my application

i want to add search bar in my application without using Data-grid like amazon amd all if you search some product then it will show image and product discription
asked
3 answers

Hi,

If I am understanding you correctly you want a search bar that is not tied to a listview or things like that, but instead a general search bar you can just type stuff in and get results. You will have to do some setup work and trail and error. But have a look at the widget AutoCompleteForMendix. Maybe that can lead you to a solution. Download it from market place.

answered

Hi Rutuja Mohod,

This can be done simply, Create a list view and provide the source of data to it and place the Text box search.apart from the view you can do UI stuffs to make it look as same as amazon. provide the class name of search and list view make the list view hidden by using visibility hidden once the textbox has value then make it to be visible. I hope this helps

answered

if you want a search bar that appears in the layout of the page, you can put a snippet with a data view inside the layout and use a flow as data source, then you can pass an non-persistable object to store the search value.

answered